Chickens are small, flightless birds often raised for their eggs and meat. Females are referred to as hens, and males as roosters, cocks, or cockerels. Chickens are sometimes taken as familiars.1
Chickens are social animals and live in flocks. They reproduce by laying eggs, and a hen can lay one egg every twenty-four hours. Chicken eggs hatch after three weeks of incubation; the chicks are raised communally.1
Chickens are valuable small livestock in many communities, due to their quick reproductive cycles, their ability to live on a large variety of simple foods, and their nutritious meat and eggs.1
The Dancing Hut of Baba Yaga walks on legs that resemble those of a chicken.2
Chickens are the sacred animals of the infernal duke Iaozrael.3 Roosters are among the favored animals of Asmodeus.4
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Will McCardell et al. (2015). Familiar Folio, p. 24. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-731-4
- ↑ F. Wesley Schneider. (2012). Artifacts & Legends, p. 20–23. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-458-0
- ↑ F. Wesley Schneider. (2009). Princes of Darkness, p. inside back cover. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-189-3
- ↑ Amanda Hamon, Philip Minchin, Jason Nelson, et al. (2013). Animal Archive, p. inside back cover. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-487-7
- Chicken (real-life animal) on Wikipedia.