This page contains spoilers for the following products: Iron Gods Adventure Path.
Source: Fires of Creation, pg(s). 7
- For other meanings of "Androffan", please see Androffan (disambiguation).
Androffa is a planet in a galaxy far from Golarion, yet similar in many ways. They are part of the triad of worlds targeted by Rovagug before he was imprisoned The two worlds are also linked in history by the crash of the Androffan spaceship Divinity on Golarion's surface in the Rain of Stars.
Androffa shares many traits with Golarion. Similarly sized and both bearing intelligent life—not just humanoids, but humans predating the race on Golarion or Earth—Androffa also suffered an ancient cataclysm. Compared to Earthfall, Androffa's apocalypse led not to a dark age and the ascension of mortals to godhood, but rather the rise of technology and widespread disbelief in all gods.
After the Divinity was lost, however, Androffa's gods—the Shoal—returned. These gods' ensuing displeasure led to them reset the planet by wiping it of all life.
This wrathful act itself drew the ire of even greater gods, who imprisoned the Shoal and rekindled civilization on Androffa.
Androffa and Golarion
In the years since Androffa's last great apocalypse, it has evolved into a world strikingly similar to Golarion itself, with even some of Golarion's own gods worshiped by its people.
Meanwhile, on Golarion, the remnants of the Divinity have slowly awakened over the centuries after its crash. Androids, robots, artificial intelligences, and aliens the Divinity transported through the stars have grown more active in recent years.
- ↑ James Jacobs. (January 5, 2016). How are Earth and Golarion in the same universe?, Paizo messageboards.
- ↑ James Jacobs. (January 02, 2020). Rage of Creation, The Windsong Testaments.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Neil Spicer. (2014). Fires of Creation. Fires of Creation, p. 7. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-673-7
- ↑ According to the foreword of The Divinity Drive, Androffa's similarity to Golarion is due to it being James Jacobs's home campaign setting for Dungeons & Dragons, under the name Droffa, and was a precursor for much of the Pathfinder campaign setting. See also this messageboard post by Jacobs.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 James Jacobs. (2015). Foreword: "Secrets of Silver Mount". The Divinity Drive, p. 5. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-724-6
- ↑ James Jacobs. (January 4, 2016). Ask James Jacobs ALL your Questions Here!, Paizo messageboards.