|Headquarters||Restov, Rostland, Brevoy|
|Goals||Promoting Aldori dueling as the premiere swordplay style, maintain independence from Brevoy, protect the interests of Restov|
|Members||Trained Aldori swordlords|
|Images of Aldori swordlords|
Source: Adventurer's Guide, pg(s). 18–27
|Images of Aldori swordlords|
Source: Adventurer's Guide, pg(s). 20–21
The Aldori swordlords, sometimes written Aldori Swordlords, arose when famed swordsman Baron Sirian Aldori agreed to train a select group of pupils in his dueling techniques. They ruled Rostland for generations, each as prickly and impulsive as the order's founder. They are known for their mastery of the Aldori dueling sword. Though they are considered some of the finest swordfighters in the Inner Sea region, they are also obsessed with personal standing and honor.
An Aldori swordlord is a swordfighter practised in the art of dueling who has been taught in the ways of the Aldori school of swordplay established by Baron Aldori. This style is perfect for duels or flashy combat, but can also be used for practical fighting as well. Most of the swordlords are prideful and determined to be the best, leading them to challenge themselves at every opportunity.
Those who wish to become a swordlord must take the last name of Aldori, swear to the Aldori swordpact, and demonstrate skill at swordplay by winning a duel using only a sword in the presence of an Aldori swordlord or experienced exile.
Many veterans of the Fifth Mendevian Crusade have traveled to Brevoy to seek tutelage with the Aldori swordlords since the closing of the Worldwound. They are often mentally scarred and hardened individuals, defined by their long fight against the demons, and do little as a group to lessen Brevoy's already volatile national mood.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- ↑ Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 66–67. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- ↑ Gareth Hanrahan, Steve Kenson, Patrick Renie, Tork Shaw, and Jerome Virnich. (2012). Knights of the Inner Sea, p. 15. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-460-3
- ↑ Dennis Baker, Jesse Benner, John Compton, and Thurston Hillman. (2014). Inner Sea Combat, p. 3. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-598-3
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Benjamin Bruck, John Compton, Crystal Frasier, et al. (2017). Adventurer's Guide, p. 18. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-938-7
- ↑ James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 284. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- ↑ Colin McComb. (2010). Inner Sea Primer, p. 5. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-277-7
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Benjamin Bruck, John Compton, Crystal Frasier, et al. (2017). Adventurer's Guide, p. 20–21. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-938-7
- ↑ Benjamin Bruck, Jason Bulmahn, Matt Goodall, and Jason Nelson. (2012). Paths of Prestige, p. 4. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-451-1
- ↑ John Compton, Paris Crenshaw, Adam Daigle, et al. (2013). Inner Sea NPC Codex, p. 4. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-594-5
- ↑ Benjamin Bruck, John Compton, Crystal Frasier, et al. (2017). Adventurer's Guide, p. 24. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-938-7
- ↑ Tanya DePass, James Jacobs, Lyz Liddell, et al. (2019). World Guide, p. 27. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-172-6