- For a complete list of year articles within the Age of Anguish, see Category:Age of Anguish.
The Age of Anguish is a term used by historians to describe the roughly 800 year period starting in -4294 AR when the skies finally cleared of the dust of Earthfall. This age was characterized by the conflicts of primitive peoples in a desperate struggle for survival and domination in a world left shattered by the Age of Darkness. The end of the Age of Anguish, and the beginning of the Age of Destiny, was marked by the founding of the Osirion civilization in circa -3470 AR, and the slow re-establishment of human civilizations across the world.
- -4202 AR: The gnomish race migrates from the First World to Golarion.
- -4120 AR: The Jistka Imperium is founded in northern Garund.
- -3923 AR: The Pit of Gormuz releases the first spawn of Rovagug.
- -3708 AR: The orc warlord Belkzen conquers the dwarven Sky Citadel of Koldukar.
- -3703 AR: First contact between nagaji and humans on the continent of Tian Xia leads to two millennia of ongoing conflict.
- -3502 AR: Old-Man Jatembe and the Ten Magic Warriors help bring the light of learning back to Garund after a millennia of darkness and chaos.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 34. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 211. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- James Jacobs, Dave Gross, Rob McCreary. (2011). Dragon Empires Gazetteer, p. 15. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-379-8