|Titles|| The Silken Sin,|
Demon Lord of Perversion and Tattoos
|Home||Cathedral Thelemic, Abyss|
|Portfolio|| Perversion |
|Worshipers||Perverts, sexual criminals, debauched cultists, deviant rulers, drow, half-fiends, hedonists|
|Domains||Chaos, Charm, Evil, Travel|
|Subdomains||Demon, Exploration, Love, Lust|
|Symbol||Eyeless snake and staff|
|Sacred Colors||Pink, red|
Source: Descent into Midnight, pg(s). 83
The demon lord Socothbenoth (pronounced so-KOTH-beh-noth) is the patron of sexual and other hedonistic gratification, seeing the world as his plaything for providing the violence and destruction of which he is especially fond. He is the brother of Nocticula.
Socothbenoth can shift his form to satisfy any particular desire, although his true form seems to be that of a slender, attractive man with ebony eyes, long brown hair, elongated ears, and countless piercings of metal or bone throughout his flesh.
Relations with others
More than any other demon lord, Socothbenoth works on keeping good relations with other demon lords; he is particularly allied (politically and as lovers) with Nocticula, his sister; Pazuzu; Andirifkhu; and Baphomet. Sometimes, his alliances flare up into war but his greatest ire is for his most hated enemy: Nurgal. As a demon lord of perverse desires it is no surprise that Socothbenoth has bedded countless lovers (some would say victims) during his existence, what is surprising is the calibre of some of his conquests. He is a frequent and incestuous lover of Nocticula, his own sister. He has even been lover to a god supposedly having several dalliances with Lamashtu herself and even fathering (doubtlessly monstrous) children with her.
Cults and worshipers
Socothbenoth appeals to deviants of all kinds, although his own tastes run toward the most violent or debauched varieties as do many of his followers. Those who wholly devote themselves as initiates to the Silken Sin, are rumored to be able to easily change their form, like their master, and cast enchantment spells which prove hard to resist.
- Wikipedia:Socothbenoth (Dungeons & Dragons) (D&D character)
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 247. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 232. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- Todd Stewart. (2009). The Great Beyond: A Guide to the Multiverse, p. 29. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-167-1
- James Jacobs. (2009). Demon Lords of Golarion. Descent into Midnight, p. 62. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-131-2
- James Jacobs. (2010). Lords of Chaos, p. 26. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-250-0
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 165. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Jeff Grubb. (2008). Drow of Golarion. The Armageddon Echo, p. 65. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-128-2
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2008). Zirnakaynin. Endless Night, p. 51. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-129-9
- Greg A. Vaughan. (2008). Bestiary. Spires of Xin-Shalast, p. 83. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-041-4
- Tim Hitchcock, Brandon Hodge, Michael Kortes, Jason Nelson, Russ Taylor. (2011). Lost Cities of Golarion, p. 8. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-272-2