|Environment||Any (Elemental Plane of Earth)|
|Images of shaitans|
Source: Bestiary, pg(s). 143
Shaitans are humanoid in shape, and appear to be carved from rock, with glossy skin and glittering eyes. When they move it sounds like stone grating on stone. A typical specimen is 11 feet in height and 5,000 pounds in weight. They are stronger than djinn, but not as strong as the other genies. Their powers centre around control of stone: they can burrow through stone, or simply glide through it as if it wasn’t there. They can bull rush foes into stone, so that they are held fast, and cam shape stone to their design. They can also transform one metal into another, although this only lasts for a day.
Habitat and Society
Shaitans hail from a region of the Elemental Plane of Earth known as the Opaline Vault. This is the seat of their ruler, Sultana A’shadieeyah bint Khalid, who oversees the race’s mining operations and trade. They love working with metal and stone, and also love to enter into bargains, particularly those they can twist to their own benefit.
Shaitans are not cruel, but neither are they kind. They tend to be boastful and egotistical, and sulk if their pride is hurt. They dress in as much finery as they can afford, and sometimes use illusions to increase the impression of wealth. They prefer to live in tunnels and palaces carved out of Elemental Earth, but can sometimes be found living underground on the Material Plane.
The pashas are the rulers of the Shaitan. They make up approximately 1% of the population. They are able to create earthquakes, and grant wishes to non-genies.
Shaitans can sometimes be found deep within the Darklands, such as the Orvian Vault known as the Land of Black Blood. Although they command quite a high price, shaitans (along with other genies) can be purchased in the slave markets of the Qadiran city of Sedeq.
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 247. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- James Jacobs, Jason Nelson & F. Wesley Schneider. (2009). Bestiary. Descent into Midnight, p. 86-87. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-131-2
- Tim Akers, Judy Bauer, Jim Groves, Chris Lites, Dale C. McCoy, Jr., and Cassidy Werner. (2014). Blood of the Elements, p. 20. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-654-6
- Paizo Staff. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Bestiary, p. 143. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 61. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 153. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2