|Demographics||Primarily human (Chelaxian)|
Source: The Hook Mountain Massacre, pg(s). 64-65
Ilsurian was founded in 4631 AR by Ilsur, a former First Sword of the Knights of Aroden, and his followers, all of whom were dissatisfied with the direction Korvosa took following the collapse of the Chelish Empire. The original plan was to await the right time to return to Korvosa and overthrow the new aristocracy, replacing the monarchy with a military meritocracy. That time never came, and the citizens of Ilsurian have contented themselves with their lives as fishermen and woodsmen. That said, they are still required to maintain a sharp sword and train for defending against an invasion, as their sense of independence and freedom has not dwindled in the last century. The town has recently become a stopping place for the Umbra Carnival.
Most of the inhabitants of the town are Chelaxian in appearance with pale skin, dark hair, and strong features. Most of them harbor a resentment or prejudice against the native Varisians, considering them thieves and vagrants.
See also: Category:Ilsurian/Inhabitants
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 James L. Sutter. (2007). Varisia. The Hook Mountain Massacre, p. 64-65. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-038-4
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Jim Groves. (2012). Murder's Mark, p. 3. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-447-4
- ↑ Adam Daigle and James L. Sutter. (2012). Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition Player's Guide, p. 8. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Jim Groves. (2012). Murder's Mark, p. 8. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-447-4
- ↑ Jim Groves. (2012). Murder's Mark, p. 10. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-447-4
- ↑ Jim Groves. (2012). Murder's Mark, p. 12. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-447-4